828-891-8800 Western North Carolina
843-750-0073 Myrtle Beach SC Area
ISSA Vision, Values & Code of Ethics
ISSA is determined to remain the leading worldwide association for the cleaning industry by representing all the professions it encompasses and by allying with other trade organizations that share its members’ common goals. In doing so, the association plans to leverage the strength of its global cleaning community to change the way the world views cleaning – increasing the appreciation for cleaning as an investment in human health, the environment and an improved bottom line.
This promise is based on the basic principles and strategic objectives outlined below.
ISSA will be the leading resource for information, education, networking, and commercial opportunities as well as the leading voice in government and the community for firms within the cleaning industry worldwide.
A staff that welcomes contact with the members.
A staff that identifies, understands, and strives to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the members in everything it does.
A commitment to continually update the association's products and services in order to reflect both the most current needs of the membership and the trends affecting the cleaning and maintenance industry.
To welcome and provide fair opportunity to all cleaning-industry businesses without regard to size of firm, length of time in business, or methodology of going to market.
To represent businesses that act professionally and utilize acceptable ethical standards as defined within the ISSA Code of Ethics.
A leadership on the Board of Directors and staff that consistently acts professionally and ethically toward the community and the membership in its principles and with the financial resources entrusted to the association.
To achieve our vision, we must:
Facilitate ongoing networking, communications, and commercial opportunities for the members.
Provide members with the highest quality, industry-specific, relevant information.
Be the most widely accepted resource for knowledge and standards regarding professional business practices and making the scientific connection between cleaning and health.
Have the greatest impact on establishing a global cleaning community.
ISSA Code of Ethics
Clean Streak, Inc, a member of ISSA, recognizing our obligation to serve the health of the people, and aware of our responsibility to our industry, herewith set forth the creed by which we endeavor to fulfill our obligations and responsibilities.
1. We believe that cleaning supplies and services are so integrally related to public health and sanitation that we must keep these purposes foremost in our minds.
2. We believe that public health and sanitation demands that only high-quality merchandise and services be offered to the public, and we pledge ourselves to this end and further pledge ourselves to render complete service with every sale we make.
3. We believe that we must aid in educating the public in proper, efficient cleaning and sanitation methods, so that the public health may be maintained and improved.
4. We believe continuing products and methods research will aid in bettering the level of public health and we, therefore, pledge our continued support of all scientific research pertinent to our industry, and we pledge further to keep alert in our search for new developments and to assist such developments whenever possible.
5. We believe it is our duty to act in every instance in such a manner that we may command the respect of the public for our industry and the goals toward which we strive.
6. We believe our industry to be a dignified one, entrusted with serving the interest of public health; therefore, we pledge that we should do our utmost to deserve this trust. We shall continue to apprise our employees of our ideals and policies and continue to educate them to know the true value of the merchandise and services we sell, mindful of the important role they play in serving the public's health and sanitation needs.
Members determined to be in violation of this Code of Ethics may be subject to the disciplinary provisions of Article III, Section 3, of the ISSA Bylaws.
Copyright 1950, National Sanitary Supply Association. Revised and republished 2005 by ISSA.
Myrtle Beach, SC