Hiring the right post construction cleanup company is critical. If you want the job done right the first time in a timely, professional manner, Clean Streak Inc is the company to call! Below will give you an idea of what we can help with.
Rough Interior Cleanup
Cleaning the spaces of a construction site prior to adding the final element, such as floors, is important because it ensures that the final install is clean and secure. This type of construction site cleaning job generally includes all of the following:
- Sweeping and prepping floor underlayment for carpet, tile, etc.
- Washing all interior windows
- Dusting surfaces
- Ensuring proper safety
- Giving it that brand new feel
Final Interior Cleanup
Once the final elements are installed, a more thorough and detailed interior cleaning must take place. The details of this type of cleanup vary significantly from room to room. Kitchens and bathrooms, for example, include cabinetry, appliances, fixtures, and countertops that all need specialized care. We always put a lot of effort into our post construction which includes:
- Cleaning walls, including removing dust, dirt, scuff marks, and smudges
- Dusting ceilings and light fixtures/fans
- Cleaning all trim, including all baseboards and door and window frames
- Cleaning the faces, sides, and tops of doors
- Cleaning floors, including buffing/waxing if applicable or vacuuming carpet
- Cleaning ducts, vents, and baseboard heating exchanges
- Cleaning windows, including tracks and frames
- Removing all trash, plastic coverings, and stickers
For large renovations, additions, and new builds, messes happen both inside and outside the home. A final, thorough exterior cleanup job rids the property of excess trash, prepares it for finishings such as landscaping and paving jobs, and generally increases the curb appeal of a home. This project stage includes:
- Removing all trash from the property, including lumber and debris
- Washing exterior windows and doors
- Sweeping and dusting any entry doorways
- Sweeping and/or power washing the driveway and any other paved surfaces
- Dusting all exterior lights
- All other cleanings vary from certain buildings
Considerations for Residential Cleanups
When hiring a company specifically for a residential cleanup job, it is important to consider some additional factors unique to this situation. One important consideration is the amount of debris that needs to be removed. This is an especially important factor in DIY projects because removing a lot of construction waste can increase charges dramatically since it needs to be hauled out.
Timelines are also important. Small cleanup jobs on a one- or two-room addition can be done in less than a day, whereas whole-home projects may take two or three full days to complete. Make sure to time your cleanup to take place immediately after construction ends in order to give yourself the opportunity to discuss any issues that may be uncovered during cleaning with the contractor. This also ensures that you get to move into your new home or start using your fresh addition as soon as possible.
Clean Streak Inc. 5/6/2019 Blog Post